How do I live without buffalo wings and buffalo chicken dip as a pescetarian? Simple. Buffalo Cauliflower. This is one of my favorite recipes, considering this was probably my fourth or fifth time making it. It’s easy, delicious, and low cal, and it makes a great appetizer or an awesome meal! Enough of me talking, let’s get to the good stuff.
Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees. Next, cut one head of cauliflower into florets.
Mix the batter ingredients together in a bowl.
(1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon dried onion, dash of Frank’s buffalo sauce)
Coat the cauliflower florets in the batter. I take the easy (lazy) way out on this and simply dump the cauliflower in the bowl and stir until evenly it’s evenly coated with batter. Once the cauliflower is coated, place on baking sheet with aluminum foil and non-stick spray. Bake the cauliflower at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
While the cauliflower is in the oven, mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
(1/4 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce, 3 tablespoons of butter, dash of salt)
Once the cauliflower is done baking, take it out of the oven and coat evenly with the buffalo sauce. Place the cauliflower back in the oven for an additional 7 minutes. Remove from the oven, and enjoy (with ranch and blue moon, preferably)!
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
dash of Frank’s Wing Sauce (or Frank’s Original Hot Sauce)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon dried onion
Buffalo sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce
3 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
3. Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into pieces.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the batter ingredients.
5. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter until fully and evenly coated. Place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes until the batter just hardens.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce ingredients.
8. Once the cauliflower is done, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. Again, fully and evenly coat each piece.
9. Put back into the oven and bake for 7 more minutes, until the sauce has mostly dried and the cauliflower is crispy.
10. Remove from the oven, let cool, then enjoy! Tastes great dipped in ranch.
Source: Persnickety Plates