Hi, friends! Happy Monday!
A few weeks ago I came across this great little book on sale for just $4.99 at Urban Outfitters.
Gotta love a good Urban sale. And a lot of the recipes are vegetarian – jackpot!
This crustless corn & cheddar quiche was the first recipe I made from my new book. Let me just say that I literally could not stop picking at this – it’s so good! It also made great leftovers.
Crustless Corn & Cheddar Quiche
1 spray of vegetable oil spray
2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
2 tsp unsalted butter (I used extra virgin olive oil instead)
1/2 white onion, diced
1 garlic glove, finely chopped
4 large eggs
2 cups skim milk
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of hot pepper sauce
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with oil and coat with bread crumbs.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, scallions, flour, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the corn, sautéed onions and garlic, and 3/4 of the cheese.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake in the preheated over for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the quiche is set in the center.
6. Remove from the over, cool, and enjoy!
The prep time for this recipe is only about 15 minutes, so the total time from start to finish for this recipe is under an hour. It serves 6 and is 298 calories per serving. I will definitely be making this again soon! And you should, tooooooo:D